Chlorella is an exceptional source of protein because it contains as much as 50% of protein in a dried form, so it is excellent for vegetarians, athletes and people prone to weight problems. For busy mothers, a smoothie with chlorella will give you enough energy to see you through your day! This algae is an excellent source of amino acids, magnesium, iron and trace minerals.
A green smoothie prepared with these ingredients will give you all the benefits of the powerful algae, while the strawberries and cacao from chocolate will pack you with needed antioxidants. Fresh mint will give a special twist in aroma. It can be served as a perfect liquid meal during the hot days or when you don’t have the time to prepare a solid meal.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 100ml organic coconut milk
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 kiwi
- 10g dark chocolate (80% cacao content)
- 2tsp Superfood World Organic Chlorella Powder
- 10g chia seeds
- 1tsp stevia powder (optional)
- 2 fresh mint leaves
- Blend all the ingredients including Organic Superfood World Chlorella Powder together in a blender and garnish with some flaxseed or sesame seeds for the texture.
- Add fresh mint leaves, strawberry slices and crushed chocolate.
You can add some ice cubes or just chill all the ingredients before making the smoothie
Nutrients Per Serving
Calories 487, Carbohydrates 42.3g, Fibre 9.9g, Sugar 18.6g, Fat 26.4g (of which saturated 14.6g) Protein 14.3g, Sodium 57mg