Golden Milk is a combination of coconut milk and turmeric and commonly drank as a tea. Turmeric is one of the worlds’ greatest spices, with incredible anti-inflammatory properties, highly recommended for lifestyle and serious diseases.
Combined with coconut milk, it is a smooth and warming drink, but we have turned it into a super dessert, so it can be enjoyed not just as a savoury addition to food, but also for its incredible capabilities in all types of dishes.
n this recipe we have combined coconut milk, a touch of yogurt and turmeric with mango, to make a sweet, but not a refined sugar-laden dessert. Do enjoy, it is a super dessert to have if you have just eaten a spicy main course.
- 1 large ripe mango, stone and skin removed and flesh cut into small dice
- Zest of ½ lime, grated
- 1 heaped tsp ground Organic Superfood World Turmeric
- 2 green cardamoms, smashed (use the side of a non-sharp knife to crush)
- 5oz (1 small carton) 0% fat thick Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup low fat coconut milk
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Using your blender, place half of the mango dice, the lime zest, turmeric and green cardamoms into the jug. Blend to a purée – if you need to, add some of the coconut milk to loosen.
- Add remaining coconut milk and blend again.
- Scrape the mix into a bowl and add the yogurt. Stir thoroughly until mixed together. It doesn’t matter if you can see streaks of yellow through the blend, it can look very attractive.
- Spoon into 2 dishes and top with the remaining mango dice and mint sprigs
Nutrients Per Serving:
350 calories, 8.1 g protein, 28 g carbohydrates, 23g fat, (20 g saturated fat), 3.8 g fiber, 19.3 g sugar, 82 mg sodium