Polenta is usually cooked with ground corn grits. These are instant corncobs which require only 5 minutes to prepare. Polenta should be mixed with a wooden chopper in the same direction from the moment you flush it into boiling water until it is served.
his quick snack provides a real release of energy and flavour because the sweet-oriental combination of honey and turmeric will give you the inspiration and comfort. At the same time, the snack is easy to prepare and can be enjoyed at any time of the day, at your desk, in your car or at the gym.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 14oz Instant polenta grits
- 4 cups water
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 2tbsp crushed cashew nuts
- 2tbsp raw organic honey
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1tbsp Organic Superfood World Turmeric
- 1tsp Himalayan salt
- Add coconut oil and Himalayan salt to the water, allow to boil, then gradually add polenta and stir well.
- Reduce the heat and cook with constant stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add chopped cashews, honey, Organic Superfood World Turmeric and cinnamon.
- Spread polenta on a shallow tray lined with baking paper and let it cool down.
- After the mixture is cool and set, cut it into cubes or bars and serve as energy bars.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Calories 152,Carbohydrates 29.6g, Fiber 2.2g, Sugar 3g, Fat 1.9g (of which saturated 0.5g) Protein 3.3g, Sodium 48.2mg