Cauliflower can be a much maligned vegetable and some even think it is bland. Try this spice-enriched recipe and you will always want to eat cauliflower this way!
This humble vegetable commands more respect than it gets – this vegetable deserves to be part of your regular diet, as it contains a huge and beneficial array of nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other phytochemicals.
Cauliflower is very versatile – it can eat be eaten raw, added to salads, used as a dipping vegetable or made into a delicious soup. You can finely grate it as a substitute for rice, or puree it to use as mashed potato! For instance, one serving of cauliflower contains 77 percent of the recommended daily value of vitamin C. It’s also a good source of vitamin K, protein, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, fiber, vitamin B6, folate, pantothenic acid, potassium, and manganese.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 medium/large cauliflower
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 tsp Organic Superfood World Turmeric
- 1 medium red chili, finely chopped
- 1tbsp black mustard seeds
- 4 or 5 tbsp canola oil or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to your taste
- 1 large lemon, cut into wedges
- Freshly chopped coriander, to sprinkle
- Wash and prepare the cauliflower by breaking into small florets. Drain and pat with kitchen towel to remove excess water.
- Mix together the oil, ginger, Organic Superfood World Turmeric, black mustard seeds and chili in a bowl. Season, if required with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour the oil mix into a medium sized baking dish and toss in the cauliflower. Mix thoroughly so that all the cauliflower is coated with the oil and spices.
- Roast in the oven until just going golden brown, remembering to turn the cauliflower once or twice to cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with coriander and serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Calories 139, Protein 3g. Fiber 3g, Carbohydrates 9g, Fat 11g (of which 3g satured) Sugar 2g