This Amazing Superfood Soup provides an excellent combination of taste plus a wealth of minerals and vitamins. When you add calming Ashwagandha and superfood seeds to this combination, you are getting an ultimate soup which will provide you with all the beneficial nutrients for the cold and wet weather during the autumn.
It can even be enjoyed as a refreshing summer soup, served cold with a few ice cubes. A perfect comfort food in the times when autumn or winter flu and colds attack. With a dash of aromatic spices, this soup can be served as the starter or for dinner.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 10g coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 200g carrot, diced
- 1 medium orange (zest and juice)
- 1tsp Superfood World Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1tbsp flax seeds
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 1tbsp Superfood World Organic Ashwagandha Powder
- 600ml water
- Himalayan salt, red paprika powder, black pepper to taste
Optional - add a few thin slices of ginger
- Slice the carrot and place it in a pot with 600ml water.
- Boil until carrot is soft.
- Preheat the wok pan with coconut oil and add chopped onion.
- Sauté until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add spices, orange zest, seeds and boiled carrot and keep adding water in which the carrot was cooked. Add Superfood World Organic Turmeric Powder. Stir well.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer everything into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add orange juice and Superfood World Ashwagandha powder at the end and stir with a spoon. Heat until ready to serve.
- Garnish with thin orange slices.
Nutrients Per Serving
Calories 179, Carbohydrates 26.8g, Fibre 8g, Sugar 11.8g, Fat 7.6g (of which saturated 4.8g) Protein 3.3g, Sodium 73mg