No time for breakfast? Busy mum with two, three or more of the family to feed before heading off to work? This simple spirulina smoothie takes no time at all and provides most of the nutrients you will need to get your system working and provide you and the children enough energy for the day.
Smoothies make for an ideal breakfast and an empty stomach is the ideal situation to obtain essential nutrients, and this recipe is no exception. The combination of slow-release energy from the banana, vitamins from the green superfoods and protein from the spirulina powder will give you a great kickstart for the day ahead – and best of all, the ingredients listed below are vegan-friendly and gluten-free, making this is wholly inclusive meal choice.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 140g of banana, chopped
- 52g of cucumber, sliced (leave the skin on)
- 200ml of coconut milk
- 30g of leafy greens (Kale or Spinach ideally)
- 1tsp of Organic Superfood World Spirulina Powder
- Drop your banana, cucumber, greens, coconut powder and Organic Superfood World Spirulina Powder into a blender.
- Set the ingredients to mix until a smoothie is created – if the result is a little thick for your tastes, add a little more coconut milk.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!.
Nutrients Per Serving
Calories 225,Carbohydrates 36.8g, Fibre 4g, Sugar 15.4g, Fat 9.7g (of which saturated 8.7g), Protein 5.8g, Sodium 72mg
You can add toppings for a little extra taste if calorie counting allows – consider 40g of blueberries or granola.