Chlorella is known as a “superhero” superfood due to its extraordinary nutritional value. It is one of the few edible species of water algae and is a great source of chlorophyll, iron, magnesium and B vitamins. This smoothie will give you all the benefits of this powerful algae, while the fruits and basil will refresh and energize you particularly on a summer day.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
½ cup fresh pineapple (pieces, not juice)
- ½ banana
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1tsp Organic Superfood World Chlorella Powder
- 1tsp chia seeds
- 1tsp maca powder
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1tsp organic honey
- A dash of Himalayan pink salt
- Blend all the ingredients including Organic Superfood World Chlorella Powder together in a blender and garnish with some flaxseeds or sesame seeds for the texture.
- You can add some ice cubes or just chill all the ingredients before making the smoothie.
Nutrients Per Serving
Calories 454, Sodium 113.3mg, Total Fat 19.8g (of which saturates 12.17g), Carbs 58.9g, Fiber 8.6g, Sugars 37.1g, Protein 7.5g, Sodium 277mg