This breakfast is a powerhouse of nutrients and a good start to your busy day. Kale, designated as a ‘superfood’, full of Vitamin C, beta-carotene, iron (more per ounce than beef!) and a huge amount of antioxidant properties to fight off life-threatening diseases, as well as the common ailments.
Turmeric is a ‘digestive wonder’ and also assists in reducing pain and as an anti-inflammatory. Kale and turmeric together benefit your body as they are an excellent combination of vitamins and minerals. You can eat this delicious meal for breakfast, brunch or as a light supper.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 4 free-range organic eggs (large)
- 2 packed cups kale, chopped
- 6 or 8 baby tomatoes, halved, or 2 small tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1½tsp Organic Superfood World Turmeric
- 1tsp garlic powder
- 1 full tbsp olive oil
- Sprinkle of sea salt
- ½tsp paprika
- Fresh cilantro, chopped to garnish
- Beat eggs, Organic Superfood World Turmeric and garlic powder until nice and frothy.
- Place a large frying pan or skillet over a low-medium heat. Add olive oil.
- When the oil is hot, but not smoking, add the kale and cook until it begins to wilt.
- Add the egg mixture, tomatoes, salt and paprika for seasoning, and scramble until lightly cooked but not hard.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro to garnish.
Nutrients Per Serving:
Calories 136.4, Sodium 113.3mg, Total Fat 8.4g (of which saturates 2.1g), Carbs 7.9g, Fiber 4.8g, Sugars 1.8g, Protein 13.2g, Cholesterol 277mg